Resumption of “normal” services
As many of you know, we chose to stay open throughout the Covid-19 outbreak, offering appointments for urgent and essential eye care, as well as advice over the phone. We are pleased to announce that we have now been given the green light to resume full services, allowing us to book routine eye examinations, as well as our full range of specialist services. We have been working hard, behind the scenes, to prepare the practice for the new style of working required for the Covid-19 era.
In order to keep everyone safe we have made the following alterations:
1. In order to socially distance people within the practice we will be operating a locked door policy, requiring everyone to book appointment slots. Phone the normal number 01730 264258 and we will happily help.
2. If you are attending for an appointment we will take your temperature, using a digital non-contact thermometer, and ask you to sanitise your hands on arrival.
3. Because we may need to get closer than 2m during your visit we will ask you to bring a face covering. For our part we will be wearing full PPE when we exam your eyes, as well as making use of social distancing and polycarbonate screens for everyone’s safety.
4. Please limit the number of people attending for any appointment, for example bring only one child for their eye examination or come on your own if you are an adult.
5. Please be reassured that we will regularly disinfect surfaces, door handles, spectacle frames, and our testing equipment between each patient.
6. It goes without saying but please do not attend the practice if you are felling unwell, especially if you are experiencing any of the symptoms of Covid-19. Let us know and we will happily re-book you when you are feeling better.
What will not have changed is our warm welcome and our desire to help, so give us a phone on 01730 264258 and welcome to the new normal!